Wednesday, February 5, 2014

So periods are more important than music?

Something happened today. Something I'd never expected.

"My very favorite bands" is no longer my most viewed post on this blog. "Periods ruin my life" is.

You know, this blog was originally intended to be centered around music and art, hence the title of this blog. Yes, I often do rather humorous and random posts, "Periods ruin my life" being one of them. I still really try to keep everything gravitating around creativity. That particular post was inspired by some pretty awful cramps I'd been having, ones that almost made me throw up, therefor nearly forcing me to write about it.

Never would I have guessed that people actually would've wanted to read it.

For the longest time, "My very favorite bands" was my most viewed post by far. However, at some time late this morning, my Top Five Posts bar suddenly looked like this:
Now, if by chance you haven't read any of those, let me give you the gist of each of those posts, starting from the bottom:

#5: "My parents, a taxi driver, and a 20$ bill"- I wrote this long ass, illustrated post as a birthday post. Not surprisingly, it's about my hilariously unconventional birth. I normally wouldn't talk about my birth in detail, but it was my birthday, and my very english teacher himself requested it, so it happened. I did expect that one to be rather popular, considering it's sorta unbelievable.

#4: "You give this a goddamn title"- This post is literally just 2 illustrations. No words. Just 2 drawings. It's really creepy and it was a product of the most soul-decaying boredom one could imagine. I seriously didn't even intend for this to become a post, but it did. Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected for people to be entertained by it.

#3: "Reasons to avoid being normal"- I believe this too was inspired by me having nothing else to do. Alix and I were hyper and we weren't doing anything in class so we took some stupid pictures, both of our faces and our pants, and wrote about why being weird is awesome. At this point, my blog wasn't terribly popular yet, so I wasn't even thinking about popularity,

#2: "My very favorite bands"- This is the post that has been #1 since I first posted it. It's not much of a post, it's really just a huge list of all the bands I listen to, with their logos. It's a long ass list. I guess people are just really interested in just what the hell is always distracting me in class. I did expect people to like this one, not to the point that it's gotten to, but I expected it to be relatively well-liked.

#1: "Periods ruin my life"- Oh god, this abomination. As I mentioned earlier, this was a really spontaneous post that, after reviewing it, I seriously considered just deleting. At the time of writing the post, I'd been having some period-punches that can only be described as the same sensation one would have if the devil was kicking me in the abdomen as if I was a football that he was punting across a field. It's really gross, because periods are gross. I sugarcoated nothing. It's disgusting and completely true. And, according to statistics, it's also incredibly interesting. It's funny, now that I think back to a time where I was 70% sure I would delete it a few seconds after posting it.

So I now realize that people enjoy my vomit-inducing, factual humor more than my musical opinions. I'm not surprised. I'm pretty funny.

You sick fucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment