Monday, January 27, 2014

for SCIENCE.

SCIENCE FUCK YEAH.

I don't know if this counts as a blog post, but this is a video of a portion of me participating as a test subject for Bella and Emi's biology project. I honestly just wanted an excuse to post this video because I find it hilarious.

Their hypothesis was that swearing worked as an effective painkiller. There were 3 sessions in which I had to stick my entire forearm in a bucket of negative degree water with salt in it. Ever heard of the Salt and Ice Challenge? It was like that, except your entire forearm, and scientific as hell.

SESSION 1: Test subject is not allowed to make any verbal noises at all. When maximum pain threshold is reached, subject will remove hand from bucket.

SESSION 2: Test subject is only allowed to say random words, such as fucsia, pants, and chocolate rain. When maximum pain threshold is reached, subject will remove hand from bucket.

SESSION 3: Test subject will curse violently as much as they want. When maximum pain threshold is reached, subject will remove hand from bucket.

The maximum amount of time we could have our hand in the bucket was 4 minutes, just as a safety precaution. In session 1, I lasted about 90 seconds. In session 2, I lasted about 2 minutes. In session 3, I lasted all 4 minutes. This video was taken in a portion of session 3. I hope you've enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment