Thursday, May 8, 2014

Achieving natural beauty

So, as a teenage girl in this day and age, I know first hand how much pressure there is on girls to be perfect. However, what I think people need to understand is that being fake is not attractive. Starving yourself, putting on tons of makeup, and all that nasty jazz, just lowers self esteem and makes you seem desperate. Today, I'll be giving you a tutorial on how to edit your pictures on a minimal scale, just to add some natural glamour and pizzaz to your appearance. Remember, start with a picture of you in a normal state. We're going for natural, but beautiful.

I'm going to start with this picture of me that I took a little while back.
 As you can see in this picture, I'm not wearing much makeup. My hair isn't quite done. I obviously am not the thinnest person ever. But that's the point- we're just enhancing those natural qualities!

So here in this next picture, I added a teensy bit of light pink blush to my cheeks for a sweet, colored look.

Then, I remembered that, naturally, I blush very easily. So, I thought it only necessary to add a tiny bit more blush.

Just enough blush to make it barely noticeable. We're going for natural.

Now, here's where I took the reshaping tool on my computer and slimmed down my jawline a little bit. Naturally, I have a very defined jawline, and we're just making it a little more feminine. Not too small, just perfect!

There we go! What a beautiful face shape we have here. And that's all we need to do for the shape of the face; natural beauty at its finest.

Now, I zoomed in on the middle of my face, just to re-shape some features, such as my nose. Here, you can see I just went over the outline of my nose to slim it down.

Gotta make the nose relatively the same shape all the way through, in a straight line; nobody with natural beauty has those perfect curves and edges on their nose. See? You can barely tell the photo's been edited, yet it's already ten times better.

So here's where I started playing with the eyes a bit. I added some black eyeshadow, to give my eyes a more deep-set and dreamy look. I then added a bit of eyeliner, just to bring out the natural color of my eyes.

Speaking of the natural color of my eyes, I actually have a rare genetic mutation called Heterochromia. This means that my eyes have two different colors in them; I personally have grayish blue on the outer parts of my eye, and then a band of amber near my pupil. I don't want to keep this, because as it's a very rare mutation, and it I were to keep those two different colors, people might think this picture is photoshopped. Therefor, I went ahead and made my eyes a more believable green color through and through. I then added some eyebrows. I purposefully made them rather thick, because we're going for a natural look, and I naturally have very thick eyebrows.

Now just look at that! Can you even tell I added a few things?

Now here, I added a very light, natural pink tint to my lips. Nothing too bold or obvious.

Then I added a complimenting lip liner, to bring out the true, defined shape of my lips.

As a white ass bitch, I also have very thin lips, so I plumped them up a bit, making sure to stick to the theme of being natural.

Almost done!

All I did here was slim down my shoulders to make myself look a bit smaller....and we're done!!!

*Note:
This post is to make a point. All this photoshopped shit in the media advertising a fake ideal of beauty is bullshit. You're fucking gorgeous no matter what you do with your face and body. Go outside wearing no makeup. Go outside wearing shit tons of glittery, colorful eyeshadow. Do whatever makes you happy. Do not, under any circumstances, live to please other people; live to please yourself, despite anything popular and "normal." Screw that shit. You're fucking awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment